websmile
Administrator

Re: OCX returns

Postby websmile » Mon 14. Mar 2016, 23:48

This is great news :)

Monstru

Postby Monstru » Tue 15. Mar 2016, 21:59

Hello old friends...and maybe who knows...some new ones. I am glad to see that OCX is back. Somehow it brings back memories from a different time...heck...almost a different life. A life I have lived in the past...when overclocking was the only thing I cared about and that thing...that tiny little thing called overclocking helped me make friends all over the world, see places I never dreamed of seeing and meeting people I never thought I would ever meet live.

Currently I am not overclocking anymore...or at least not as I used to. I am still involved with live shows, demos and preaching this beautiful thing that overclocking is to young ones. But I am not involved with rankings or competitions anymore. Because the industry got sour...because some people got greedy... because the idea that we used to have was destroyed by some assholes who wear suits and pull over 100k a year by selling BS to companies. I think you know what I am talking about.

So...if this is the rebirth of the old OCX and independent overclocking...count me in. I am here, even if I am not much of an overclocker anymore. But please, try to keep the assholes and the bullshit outside. Let's try to show what we can do without the bullshit some money hungry peons are spreading around like a disease, in their attempt to milk the companies of as much money as they can before all this go to the trashcan, ok?

If you can do that, I promise that I will be here. I promise that I will remember all the persons that I looked up to on this forums. And all the persons that maybe looked up to me. And all the good times we had. Just please...no HWBot, no bullshit, no vendors. I am sick of all that...

matose

Postby matose » Tue 15. Mar 2016, 22:27

Hey guys!
Nice to see OCX back together with the old faces and great vibe!

joe_cool
Administrator

Postby joe_cool » Tue 15. Mar 2016, 23:00

@ monstru

welcome bro! :D
yes, i think guys like you and me are standing for the good old times of overclocking.
Be sure that overclocking is only a hobby for me, i don't have to make any money with that.
I made this new forum for all friends of the old OCX community, and maybe we will find some new friends too. :D
And this forum will ever be independently from any hardware manufacturer. ;)

@ matose

thx bro! :D

coolhand

Postby coolhand » Tue 15. Mar 2016, 23:05

Hello guys !

@ Monstru ..love you honesty bro and agree 99% with your statement ,I never had the chance to get in to clocking since I was married with children ,house ,work,etc.I have tried few other hobbies and that's exactly what this is , probably the last one I will have before I flip,points are only numbers they come and go but you can find few real friends -it doesn't take long to figure out which one is fake ,being negative all you life is not the way to go,hope to meat you one day big boy ;)

Freakezoit

Postby Freakezoit » Wed 16. Mar 2016, 03:43

Hello Guys,

Good to see you all back @ OCX :D

Yeah good statement Monstru i agree with you.
OCX was an will be allways free of these Bit..es , OCX is a big Familiy where everyone is helping each other and will never be a Slave of any company like others. Some will know me from the old OCX and never changed my point of view in terms of the OCX Spirit.
Giving someone help without asking what you get for it is an thing that is missing in our mankind. ;)
To be, or not to be

joe_cool
Administrator

Postby joe_cool » Wed 16. Mar 2016, 03:54

Freakezoit wrote:Hello Guys,

Good to see you all back @ OCX :D

Yeah good statement Monstru i agree with you.
OCX was an will be allways free of these Bit..es , OCX is a big Familiy where everyone is helping each other and will never be a Slave of any company like others. Some will know me from the old OCX and never changed my point of view in terms of the OCX Spirit.
Giving someone help without asking what you get for it is an thing that is missing in our mankind. ;)

You are right Alex, That's what's OCX stands for! ;)

Sweet

Postby Sweet » Fri 18. Mar 2016, 04:11

this...was "Epic" yes , all remember that
In the south of the world

K404

Postby K404 » Tue 22. Mar 2016, 18:30

I never thought I would see OCXtreme in my browser again.

Hello all. I see some names that bring back really, really good memories :)

I have not OC'd for two years. Maybe one day I will bench again, but it is not time yet :)

After reading this thread, I see that we should "blame" Joe_Cool and Websmile for this... M&M :p I hope this idea works.... OCX was frozen in the past with a good reputation... I hope a rebirth does not mess with that.

websmile
Administrator

Postby websmile » Tue 22. Mar 2016, 20:04

We will do our best, the project is obliged to the spirit of old OCX, but what once was can´t be replaced 1:1. It is up to all of us what we make of it, the future will show. Good to have you here, Kenny :)

Return to “News”